Carbonear was first settled by people from West Country, England in the early 1600s, making it one of the oldest European settlements in North America. The town offers many attractions and amenities for tourists that reflect the town’s history and traditions. Carbonear is centrally located on the Avalon Peninsula about 100 km from St. John’s, the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador. Today, the Town of Carbonear is a business centre for the Baccalieu Trail. It has two main shopping areas: Heritage Waterfront District and West End Commercial District.
- Heritage Waterfront District
- West End Commercial District
- Carbonear Recreation Complex
- Rorke Store Museum
- Princess Sheila NaGeira Theatre
- Inventory of Walking/ Multi-Use Trails