Why Bay Roberts?
Bay Roberts is located in the North Western quadrant of the Avalon Peninsula in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Close to 51% of the province’s population is within an hour of our town. Besides having its own internationally insured harbour facilities, Bay Roberts is about one hour west from the provincial capital, St. John’s, St. John’s International Airport, and the Port of St. John’s. In addition, Bay Roberts is about one hour North East from Argentia, the Eastern Terminus of the Marine Atlantic Ferry service from Sydney, Nova Scotia.
- Harbour International, one of the largest cold storage facilities in NL
- One of the busiest business districts in the province
- The Western Union Cable Station a National Historic Site
- Shoreline Heritage Trail
- Sport Tourism including the largest youth street hockey tournament “Light the Lamp”
- Atlantic Grocery Distributors, largest independent wholesaler in the province