The Compass, November 05, 2018
Department of Transportation and Works planning to issue call for expressions of interest in coming weeks
With the former Immaculate Conception Church in Harbour Grace set to gain a new lease on life, some may wonder what the future holds for a historic stone structure just around the corner from it.
It’s been almost three years since the courthouse building was last in use, with the services having moved to the Babb Building at the beginning of 2016. In need of repairs to walls that are at risk of collapsing inward, the provincial government has held on to the building, but it appears that may soon change. Built in 1830, it was the oldest provincially-owned public building in use prior to closure.